15 August 2019

Full Moons, Earth Angels and Gratitude

I have found my peace, late at night....once everyone is asleep, there is a stillness that comes over the house, there is a silence that can only be heard then....in the dark, sitting outside on my swing I watched last night as the Moon filled...silently breathing in the energy of her white light, as the voices of the neighbours could be heard in the distance....laughing, and chatting to each other, probably enjoying the Silvery Moon rays as I was.....the weather has turned at night now and it is cool, fallish....if you allow yourself to forget you would swear it is closer to Samhain than it is....or maybe that is wishful thinking from a witch that feels most whole around that turn of the Wheel...either way it is encouraging to feel the vibration of it around the corner. It is always an interesting time here for me....here in this place where I spent the majority of my childhood....my second home, next to being in the city this was it....this was the place of freedom.....

In the city there was always something to be wary of, especially being a child that was lost and searching most of her life....sometimes what I found was not always beneficial at best and terrifying at worst....but here in this place it was safe...there was family everywhere, literally in each house....there was grass and not concrete....there was the lake...the garden....and most of all it meant freedom....I ran these roads every single day I could....had my own flashlight for the night, spent at either my home or the home of an uncle.....there were late nights, laughs, so so many laughs....and there were what I never realized as a child.....my Earth Angels were here.....now I sit on my swing and watch their ghosts walk the same street on their way down to the lake....around Samhain they are usually all here together.....this Moon, the Sturgeon Moon seems to intensify this feeling of ghosts almost as much....maybe its the time of year, maybe its the lake that shares the same name as the Moon, maybe its the days we have had lately....whatever it is the effect is undeniable.....and I woke up this morning with a tremendous sense of gratitude.

I am so thankful and grateful to the Earth Angels that took the bitterness out of my life....it's been a hard one, for many many reasons....some emotional....some physical....and others well, we all know my health.....from the beginning, from birth...its been hard. Bitterness almost seems like the only answer, the only way that I could possibly end up, having swallowed so much vile, vinegar laced life experiences....but no....all along the way there were people...some family, some not...but all angels...each one came at a time that I needed them most....lifted me up and helped me on my way....some stayed, some left, but all left their mark of kindness on my heart....taught me compassion, for myself and for others....they made mistakes, they taught me I would make my own, that is how we learn....no one comes into this world with a map of every step they should ever take...no we all come here and figure it out as we go....some are lucky and have supportive families, others well we fend for ourselves and figure it out as we go, even though we are part of huge families....family does not always mean love, at least not in the conventional meaning of the word family....we learn that along the way...I learned along the way....my family is those that have dirty knees too, not because they were on their knees for themselves, no....because they were down there helping me up when I fell....and I am there when they fall....those are my family, not decreed by blood, but chosen by heart.

These were the conversations today in my home, as we sipped our coffee and prepared for the day, and the gorgeous Sturgeon Moon was still filling outside...it filled us all with a lazy, get started slowly kind of feeling....as a feeling of nostalgia washed over us as we talked about those same ghosts and Earth Angels....many times they saved my life....many times they didn't even know they were doing that....Now at almost 51, yes next month! I look back so fondly on all them...I share the stories with my children of their acts of kindness...of their love, that they so generously shared with me....teaching me how to love myself and in turn love my own when they came to be...there is a certain peace found in yourself when you realize all these things....that is where I find myself today....at peace....I have known great love in my life, of all kinds....I am lucky and grateful for that, to everyone that has touched my life along the way to here....may I have the same impact in theirs and yours, should you need me I am here.

My wish to all of you today, may you find the peace you seek....may your life be filled with Earth Angels....and may you continue in their path and be one yourself.
So mote it be

Blessed Full Moon Witches!

Tess


No comments:

Post a Comment