13 February 2022

Anniversaries, Surviving and Saints

Good Morning Witches! 

It is the eve of my anniversary with my old guy. It was many years ago, a lifetime now that he walked into my life. A great big ball of angry, betrayed and slightly broken from the chunks life and relationships had taken out of him, and I was in truly no better shape. We spent time together, mainly out of necessity at first, I worked there, it was his local....it blossomed into a friendship and late into the nights that I stood behind that bar we chatted about everything we had lived and all we still wanted from life....it grew quietly at first, I don't think either of us really noticed. One day it just roared, it was Valentine's day and when he asked the same question he had asked me before  "are you ready?" I still chuckle now at the look on his face when I said yes, lol. 

No rose colored glasses here, it took work, tears, smiles, heartbreak and mountains of love but we healed ourselves and each other. 

Maybe it's the scales in me but I remember the past when I celebrate the present. This lifetime is built on the rubble of the first, I am a survivor of domestic violence. For those that have, or are living it, know;

It won't be easy

They are lying to you

I understand 

I am here

Use your voice or keyboard, reach out for help safely, any way you can 

You CAN do this 

You can and will survive and thrive

You will find your way


For me, we aren't going out, just a quiet dinner with the kids then at midnight, I am preparing witch's bottles. These are special ones in honor of St. Rita, the patron Saint of those in difficult, abusive relationships and marriages. I have been collecting the ingredients for a lifetime or two. 

Yes, don't get your pants in a bunch, I am a pagan witch working with a Saint, it happens more than you think. The freedom of being a witch means, I have the freedom to choose how. 

Blessings Witches, sending crooked smiles and buckets of love. 


Tess

No comments:

Post a Comment