13 August 2017

You Asked the Witch ~ Protection

Magical Protection


There is much talk in our community about what is considered to be protection and what borders on darker magics, truth be told for me it is a very clear subject, you do what you have to do to protect yourself, your family and your circle which in many cases are one and the same. There is no color to magic for me, I am not a “White” Witch I am simply a Witch, the type of magic that is needed is wholly dependent on the situation, and yes I will and have set protection boundaries, afterall if someone is sending me destruction and negative magic then by all means I will send it back with my own oomph added. All that being said there are many ways that we can be very proactive in protecting our spaces and homes and I hope after reading through this and applying the methods to your own space that you will feel that circle around you as strongly as I do. Remember doing these things does not mean that nothing will ever happen that you consider unpleasant, reality is that shit will always happen but being better prepared and having that circle of protection around you means that either there will be no impact to you as it rebounds or the impact will be minimized through your own proactive magics.

There are many ways to do provide protection for your home and I will discuss some of them here but one of the first things that I do at any new home that I move into is consecrate my space, not just the internal one but the entire property. As well there is wards that can be put up, mirror pieces to reflect out, railway spikes facing up in flower pots by the doors, spells and floor washes are always great ways to create protective circles. In the next few paragraphs I will share one protective circle for your property and one for your person, I will touch lightly on floor washes but I am leaving recipes and herbal for another blog.

For this first exercise and ritual you will need; Dragon's Blood Incense & Sea Salt. If you prefer other protective energy incense you can feel free to use it but I have found in my own personal practice that Dragon's Blood is the most effective.

Protection Exercise

                             Dragon's Blood Incense Sticks
                             Sea Salt                                                                
                            
                             Fill a jar with Sea Salt and light your incense inside your front door
                             walk to the central entrance to your property this might be the end                                  of your driveway or walkway, in the air use your incense to draw a                                Pentacle of Protection chanting;

Here no harm shall pass
Protect my home and all within
Through this border of smoke, salt and sting of ash
no harm shall pass

                             Now take your salt and burning incense and begin your circle where                              you stand at the entrance and walk clockwise around the border of                              your property, stopping at each corner of the property and drawing                                 another Pentacle in the air, all the while making sure your salt circle
                             is continued and your incense keeps burning, of course depending on
                             the size of your property you many need to carry more with you.
                             When you have come to the same spot you started then draw your
                             last pentacle, by doing this you seal your protective circle.

This method is quite effective as it provides a very strong energetic circle around you, your family and all that is within your boundaries, I have also found with this circle that many of those that do not necessarily come with the right intentions tend to stop appearing at my door. I also tend to re-energize this circle on the change of the seasons to keep it always at its optimum level.

If you should feel that this method requires some extra oomph to it, you can pack quite the magical punch by adding a bit of mirror magic to your ritual, take small pieces of mirror and place them all the corners of the property, they do not need to be seen they simply need to be there in order to reflect to others what they send to you.

To keep a feeling of well being within your home a satchel of basil hung over the door helps to keep energy clear and feelings of peace within. I also have hung sprigs of rosemary over exterior doors to utilitize her amazing energies of protection.

The truth about protection is this, you can never have too much magical protection! We deal and live in a world where many dabble in these arts, not truly sure of what they are doing, and many times not aware of the harm they send out, and others well they intentionally will send it to you. There is no sure fire way to stop them, there is no way to ever take for granted that what you have done is enough, within magic there should always be vigilance to make sure you are consistently refreshing the circles and protective magics you have employed, no need to be neurotic about it but consistent yes.

Floor washes are also a great way to cleanse the energies that are literally brought in each day on you and your family, these I do once a month, my choice of ingredients is always chosen based on the past month and what I felt was needing to be cleaned out. I might choose to do one with Sea Water, or simply with Sea Salt and Water, normally I will throw basil in simply for its cleansing and negativity removing properties, lavender although a wonderful plant for this is not one that is welcomed very highly in my home, in my garden yes and always within my witch's cupboard for my own spellwork but unfortunately one of my family members has a very unhappy reaction to it's scent so I have found ways around it.
  

Now of course we cannot always simply stay at home and never venture off our own properties so we must cloak ourselves in these energies as well one of the most effective ways I have ever found is to practice good old fashioned mirror magic, literally mirror magic around yourself. This is a very simple and useful spell, after you ground and center simply craft this little spell and then carry on with your day knowing that you are fully protected.

Mirror Protective Spell

                   You require nothing but yourself and creative visualization for this spell.
                   Imagine a mirror coming up around your entire body, reflecting outwards
                   and away from you and chant this 3x.

In this moment I wish to you
exactly what you wish to me
As you wish it so it shall come
As I speak it, so it shall be

            This is simple, clear and effective and leaves the responsibility for the
                   energy where it belongs ~ with the sender.  Do not feel sorry or bad for
                   the consequences of their energy, it is all theirs, and in truth they felt no
                   qualms in sending it your way.

Protection magic is something that every witch worth her salt should invest much time and effort in learning. There are many ways and tools that can be used in order to create your safe space and many of them are a question of your path and which way you feel pulled to go.

As always witches I hope you enjoyed this weeks "You Asked the Witch", see you next Sun Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment