06 August 2017

You Asked the Witch ~ Dreams

This week has been filled with questions about Dreams, how to interpret, what do they mean, are they literal or symbolic, there have actually been quite a few questions this week about one of my favorite tools.....dreams.

Dreams come to each of us, some of us remember them, others well, they don't stay with them in the waking hours, but you can be rest assured whether you remember them or not everyone dreams.....they can be a source of comfort or angst depending on how you deal with them and the information they bring you. I myself have had prophetic dreams my entire life, as far back as I can remember my dreams have shown me the way, they have been a source of connection with ancestors and Gods, messengers from other realms have come to me, dreams have shown me where I need to heal, and the symbolism of them is never lost on me.

If your dreams cause angst then you need to work on them, sit and work out what your symbolism is, this is not an easy thing, its an everyday thing...its a notebook by your bed, its writing each morning what you dreamt, the surroundings, what you were doing, how you felt, who was there....I started to learn my symbolism in my dreams as I grew up, it is now a part of me and I can dissect a dream almost instantly when I hear it or when I wake up, I have even had lucid moments in dreams where I work it out as I am dreaming and wake up knowing what it was all about. Here is the thing though that I would like to explain, and yes this is my thought so you can take it or leave it, but I think symbolism is something that is very personal and individual.....I think you need to figure out what things mean for you, I mean you can go out and buy 2, 3 or 1000 books on dream symbolism there are a multitude of them but I truly believe they will serve you no help while you do not know what symbols or things really mean to you....for instance when I see water in a dream I know it means tears, when I see blood depending on if it is mine or someone else's it could be a good thing or a very bad one, but these again are symbols I have learnt myself through the years.

Once you can sit and dissect your dreams without being overwhelmed you will be able to see what the messages are and why they are coming through, but there will still be times where your humanness will affect you, do not think it won't......this week I had a recurring dream where my husband has passed on, the first time I had this dream it took me months to get over, every time he went anywhere I worried, I made him go and have a physical to check his heart, I must have drove him crazy....this time I had the dream this week actually and I had a moment, I felt the fear, the crushing grief and the sadness and loneliness in the dream, I woke up and could still feel it as he lay next to me, pulling me closer into a snuggle....I let myself feel that pain, and I hugged him closer. I know our lives have been long and good together, and no we aren't getting any younger and with my health where it is these are conversations him and I have had together, facing your own mortality, making plans in case, writing wills, these are all things we are surrounded in at this time, it makes sense that my mind pulls a dream about him, about losing him. Prophetic dream? yes in a way it was, if something were to happen to him I would feel all those things, every single iota of me would vibrate grief, loss, sadness.....but having the dream does not mean it is coming now, it means that I NOW need to remember how I would feel, and love the moment I am in for all it is. You have the power to disarm your dreams the same way, take the message, let the rest go.

Start a dream journal, write them down, compare them from month to month, year to year, find the patterns and the messages from your Deities, they will come through once you make it clear that you are willing to learn this way. I believe that for me it was the dreams that kept me going and many times cushioned the blows that life was going to deal to me. I was prepared for them, both emotionally and physically. As well do not forget that certain times of the year will illicit more poignant, vivid dreams, as will Full, New or Dark Moons, and Eclipses always rupture and shatter things and bring emotions to the surface so expect your dreams to be different, very real and random during them, it is in these moments that the work you have done on your own individual symbolism will come in handy and help you to clear away the noise and get to the root of the message.

Look upon your dreams as another tool in your witchy skill set, when you can harness the knowledge there then you will truly be balanced on both the physical and astral planes, which then can open the door to Astral travel, and yes I have done this, and yes when absolutely needed I will again.

Dreams they have much to tell you, and can you really afford to not pay attention?

Blessings all till next Sunday and the "You Asked the Witch"


1 comment:

  1. Francine Cohoon6 August 2017 at 23:59

    Thank You...will start my dream journal tonight...and I have a couple that I still remember even though its been awhile...they were soo and have always wonder there meanings....my dads been gone for 2 1/2 years and early this year I had this dream we were at a hockey rink and I kept going to the canteen to get him a coffee and candy...then one time I look back and he wasn't there and he was being wheeled out on a stretcher into an ambulance...and he looked at me and said everything going to be fine...I'm getting emotional just typing this it was so real...anyway I took it to say that everything was going to be ok with my mom...because there's been some stuff between us right after dad passed...sorry so long...Thanks You Again

    ReplyDelete