20 June 2019

A Witch's Review ~ Pretty Litter yay? or nay?

Now I have been discussing doing reviews here on the blog for a while, and yes I have a few lined up for the next little bit but I really felt this being Witch's Chamber the first blog should be one that affects my closest companion, my familiar....Voods and his brother Hades....so here we are with Pretty Litter.

I first heard or read about it as the case may be on Facebook of course, like so many more of us have I am sure! Of course I am always skeptical of all the things I see on social media advertising, because in reality if everything were true I wouldn't have a pile of hair wax over there that stinks to high heaven, no of course that would have been good stuff and I would have been enjoying different color hair by now! but alright, I am totally getting off topic. Pretty Litter, yes I saw it on Facebook, no I did not believe the hype, but I was hopeful. Being the mom to two very difficult and picky furry boys, who are constantly trying to outdo each other even though they love each other to bits and are fully bonded, still the litter area was always a problem. No matter how much we scooped the clay litter, there was still issues, to the point that I resorted to putting down large washable puppy pads under the boxes. Still the smell and the amount of work to wash the pads was too much for me. My health and the amount of responsibilities I already have daily made this a huge problem for me, and this is why I was willing to try Pretty Litter. I needed something that would solve my issue of the feuding kitty brothers.

My first consideration was that being that I am in Canada, the cost is a little high for a months worth of litter, but the home delivery part of it was a plus. So I discussed it with my old guy and we both agreed that if it worked for the boys it would be worth it, that being said I went on the site to place my order. That was the simple part, it is pretty straight forward to begin, you create an account and then choose how many cats you have and it guides you to the package you need, or so I thought at the time. After ordering, it is a pretty quick turn around and your litter arrives, as pictured above.

We happily filled our litter box to just over 2", as the card that came with recommended, and took away all puppy pads, trays or any other form of floor saving devices we may have used before and magically we even took away one litter box and it was wonderful! No smells! No messes! and my feuding boys were fine! The litter area became an area no one even realized existed, which in a two bedroom living space is a very good thing! This continued for the entire first week, we scooped it daily as directed, another wonderful part of the litter is that it makes that part of the exercise so much easier than clay litter! The second week began and we started to have issues with the litter smelling a little, so I raked it well when scooping and found that it was clumping at the bottom of the box. It seems that the litter that tracked out in the two weeks had caused it go below their 2" mark, who knew it was so important! So after 2 weeks here we were back at square one! but worse because the cats were even more upset!

Onto Pretty Litter Chat I went, to their credit their customer service was quick to respond and very helpful. It was explained that because my litter box is large I required the larger pack of litter, the 6lb bags as opposed to the one I had gotten.....doh! If I had seen the option I would have naturally gone with that because of course I knew I had a large litter box....ok then onto ordering the new size right away as now things had reached a smelly pitch here! I have to say that although they were attentive and responsive to getting me the new litter, there was no offer of discounts or any apology for the lack of information at the beginning. Still I ordered, I also ordered an extra bag of litter to have here in case I needed to replace litter through the month, considering that everyday they track it out. Once again my order was quick, expensive but quick.....the disappointing part was when I opened it and found that my extra bag had not come with it, although the label, the packing slip and my receipt all showed it, there was no third bag of litter. Once again back to chat I had to go, and then I waited....the response when they thought I was canceling my membership was almost instant, but when I was missing something it was the next day before they contacted me, after I sent photos they issued a bag of litter to be sent out to me, of course at no charge since I had already paid for it.

All in all my review of Pretty Litter is two fold, there is the actual litter and then there is the customer service aspect of it. The litter itself is good, it works well to keep odours out of the exercise, the cats seem to like it much more than clay, and the scooping and clean up of the box itself is very easy to do even for someone like me with a bum arm. The one draw back would be that it does track out of the litter box more than the clay litter did, that kind of drives me a little batty but its tolerable for all the other benefits. The other part of the review is their customer service; something that invariably you will have to deal with at some point, I have mixed feelings about them. I feel they are respectful but they do not really take responsibility for the lack of information on their site and being in customer service myself I would have expected more information or compensation for the lack of it, once I was having to more than double my order in the first month because the option of larger bags was not presented to me at the get go.

For now we have decided to give it another months try, BUT I am at the same time looking at other crystal litter options, in case we have more delivery issues. Sometimes even though the product is worthy, dealing with customer service becomes the deciding factor.

May the Litter be good to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment