01 July 2019

Blessed be the Dark Moon

It is that time of the month that I look forward to the most. That's right, for this witch it is not the Full Moon or the New Moon that excites me it is the Dark Moon, not very surprising if you know me, I have always been more drawn to the dark than anything else. Besides the fact that I think most people don't understand how wonderful the Dark Moon really is, it is also a perfect energetic time to rid ourselves of those energies we no longer need or want, that does which no longer serves has no place staying around....don't you agree? why would we want to keep such things around us? and as witches we should know the best times of the month to rid ourselves of these unwanted energy right? well for me that time is the Dark Moon.

Let's start with what the Dark Moon really represents.....how many have worked with this Moon? When I first started this walk with the Moon so many years ago, I was one that watched the energies around me swirl with the changes to the Moon...the Full Moon brought huge changes, energies aligned, spells completed and things moved forward under the Full stage....the New Moon brought exactly that, new beginnings, do overs, starting fresh and hope...and then there was the lead up to the New stage, the Dark just before the New Moon rose...a time where it seemed to me that the most shocking things happened, and where it was not uncommon for me to see people and situations take a more edgy turn even at times more violent turns....confrontations, shocking endings that lead to the beginnings of the next day in the New Moon cycle. It was then that I decided that personal endings were perfect for me under the Dark Moon, the reality is the Moon in this aspect already carries all these energies, so it makes it the perfect time for a witch to tap into that. It is under this aspect of the Moon that every month I light at minimum one black candle, but normally more than one....I light candles with words inscribed in them of energies I want removed from my life, whatever words I need that month to help me further my path or keep going....the aspect of the Dark Moon is great for endings so why not end things in your life that are truly soul crushing? poverty, anger, pain, dis-ease....yes I will and have inscribed these words on the black candles that I burn at the Dark Moon....it is also the time where I release all enemies from their connection to me....because as humans and witches we know not everyone that calls themselves friend is actually that....no some will tell you they have your back as they stab you in it the moment you turn around, and this method of candle burning, works by sending out a net of magic that melts away these connections, cuts them free and sends everyone on their own way, without rancor or any kind of boomerang effect on you.....yes when doing any kind of magic you need to worry about that boomerang effect! if you don't it will teach you soon enough that you should have known what you send out you get back. The law of energy return is alive and well in the world of magic.

Now I have told people before and continue to tell them again that spell casting is not for every witch, nor should it be done by those that are inexperienced with the possible outcomes, spell casting is just simply that; not something that every witch should do, it is not something to be taken lightly. True magic and spell casting is something that should only be done with reverence and respect, yes I joke so many times on my page with memes that say things to the contrary, but they are jokes, not reality....those that reach out to me have had me tell them the same, spell casting is not to be taken lightly....BUT this method of utilizing the energies of the Dark Moon to cast out what does not serve is not exactly the same in my books. It is more the action of laying out a petition, candle magic is a much simpler way for witches to approach spell casting, learning to tap into their own magic and learning to work with the energies around them. As witches we already know we work with a lot of energies, whether for ourselves or others, in those workings we expose ourselves to so many other energies, and the Dark Moon cleansing rituals I speak of help us to realign and clear our own spiritual houses. So when is the best time to do this? well today July 1st is the Dark Moon stage, the New Moon rises at 3:16pm ET on July 2nd and until the Moon goes Void of Course at 2:48 am ET on July 2nd prior to the New stage, that is your window for the Dark Moon......every month the Dark Moon is the day directly prior to the New Stage, making sure not to work within the void of course stage, it is the best time to craft magic to clear, realign and sever those ties that no longer serve. 

For me I have already prepared my candles....and yes it works if you don't have a black candle, but you have a white one, take a sharpie or some other marker and blacken it.....I have done it many many times! I personally use a porcupine quill now to inscribe but before I had one I would use a nail, I inscribe my words, I bless my candle at my altar, anoint it with whatever you feel you need for this working, some use Hyssop, Coconut oil, olive oil, or other conjure oils if you have access to them. Take your candle, set it away from your usual altar in a place of respect that it won't be disturbed....light it, say your incantation, or whatever words you have prepared for this, then spread a circle of sea salt around it....and let it burn. When this is done, and the candle has burned down to the end, make sure to take whatever is left and dispose of it, away from you, not near your home, safely and responsibly dispose of it. after all it would not make sense to keep the energy with you that you are trying to remove with the whole exercise would it?

As with all magics, depending on the size of the change you are trying to evoke, you may have to do this more than once, but in a world that is ever changing it would be naive of any witch to think that one candle would ever be enough to clear all the moving parts of something like poverty for example...but it works, like anything else in witchcraft it takes dedication, faith and your own energy applied...if you give it all that and are consistent with your effort, it will work and you will see the benefits of those black candles and like me you will come to love the Dark Moon Stage of the month  and you many just revel in it a little bit like I am preparing to do today.

As always witches, I leave you with one bit of advice....always cast responsibly and remember to keep growing!

Blessed Be the Dark Moon!

Tess

1 comment:

  1. Thank you. Super post. I always thought I was weird (well I am, but I’ve found it’s a good thing) because I am affected far more by the dark phase than any other. People would say “oh just wait for the full moon” or “the full moon makes me crazy” not so with me. It took a long time to figure out that it was the dark moon that created so much challenging energy for me. I’m glad to see I’m not the only one. Blessings

    ReplyDelete